To the east and west of Kabwe are areas
with good but so far under developed tourist potential,advantaged by Kabwe central
and proximity to Lusaka and its
50 Kilometres west, with a wildlife
area(currently a Game Management Area)
on the other side of the Kafue River,120
kilometres from Kabwe-but road access
is very poor'
- Mulungushi River& Lunsemfwa River: valleys,including Lunsemfwa Rift Valley
- just over 50 kilometres south-east of Kabwe,
- and just south of the Mulungushi Dam and Lake which offers good boating and fishing activities.The valleys are very scenic wilderness with good wildlife potential.
50 kilometres east , a wilderness area of rigged granite mountains arising 1000m above the Luangwa Valley,just to the north-west of the confluence of the Lunsemfwa and Lukusashi Rivers.
Institutions and Attractions
- Mulungushi Rock of Authority,north of the Town
- Mulungushi University
- Radio Maranatha 103.3 FM run by Zambia Union Conference of the SDA Church
- Kwame Nkrumah University:
Offers Degree courses